Connect with us!
Feel free to ask us questions, send us comments, and send us pictures of your OP Loftbed on social media. This also the best way to get notified about free stuff, new products, and other announcements.
Scholarship Program Status:
As of September 16th, 2012, our Scholarship program is currently ON HOLD.
For the past four scholarships, our judges have had a very challenging time choosing finalists, and once finalists have been chosen, the finalists haven't followed through with providing proof of school enrollment or citizenship. It's been as frustrating for us as it has for you, our applicants and customers. We've continued to get further and further behind in the process and feel more and more overwhelmed with each new program.
With this in mind , we've decided to put the next scholarship on hold so we can focus on clearing up loose ends from our previous scholarships. Hopefully this will all be done so that there will be time to run the regular Winter 2013 scholarship with a January 31st, 2013 deadline. Unfortunately, we can't promise a date for when, or if, that program will open.
Our plan is to work backwards from the most recent scholarship program to the oldest one. We plan to work diligently to identify and contact finalists for the Summer 2012 Scholarship, make payment to the winner's school, and announce the winner publicly. Then we'll repeat the process for the Winter 2012 Scholarship, Summer 2011 Scholarship, and finally Winter 2011 Scholarship. We also plan to keep you better informed of our progress, right here on our web site.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
About the OP Loftbed Scholarship Award
Our product isn't your ordinary product, so we didn't feel like our scholarship award should be your ordinary scholarship either. We wanted to do something different there as well. Anyone can ask for essays on why you think you deserve scholarship money, or what you plan to do during your college career, but that all sounded entirely too boring to use. We decided to ask questions to which the judges would actually want to read the answers. We wanted our scholarship applicants to have fun, and wanted the judges to have fun reading the answers.
We have thoroughly enjoyed running the program over the last 6 years, and look forward to continuing to do so in the future. So far, we've given out $3,000 in scholarship award funds, which we feel is pretty good, especially considering that lots of companies that are much bigger than we are give away much less in scholarships, and in many cases, offer no scholarship opportunity at all.
We want to wish each of our applicants the best in all their future endeavors.
Most recent blog posts about our scholarship program:
- Summer 2010 Scholarship Winner – E. Brodsky, University of Vermont
- Winter 2010 Scholarship Winner – K. Vega, Ithaca College
- Summer 2009 Scholarship Winner – S. Parsons, University of Texas – Austin
- Fall 2008 Scholarship Winner – T. Evans, Washington State University
- 2008-2009 Scholarship Winner – A. Keller, Virginia Commonwealth University
- 2007-2008 Scholarship Winner – J. Choi, University of California-San Francisco
- 2006-2007 Scholarship Winner – J. Harmon, Troy Univesity Dothan
- 2005-2006 Scholarship Winner – J. Brown, Sul Ross State University
- 2004-2005 Scholarship Winner – K. Ebmeier, University of Nebraska
- 2003-2004 Scholarship Winner – M. Davis, University of California Berkeley
- More Scholarship blog posts...